Stego Mastic is designed to be used as a vapor retardant membrane for use in conjunction with Stego® Wrap Vapor Barrier/Retarder. Stego Mastic can be used for sealing utility and pipe penetrations in Stego Wrap. Stego Mastic is especially beneficial for sealing conditions with multiple pipe penetrations in close proximity.
Stego Mastic 5-Gallon Features:
- Composition: Stego Mastic is a medium viscosity, water-based, polymer-modified anionic bituminous/asphalt emulsion
- Additional Product Offerings: 2-Gallon Pail, 20-ounce Sausage Tubes
Benefits of Stego Mastic 5-Gallon:
- Stego Mastic can be a time-saving aid in achieving an ASTM E1643 installation, the Standard Practice for Selection, Design, Installation, and Inspection of Water Vapor Retarders Used in Contact with Earth or Granual Fill Under Concrete Slabs
- Can be applied from pails by brush, roller, or trowel to speed up installation process.
- Quickly seals around penetrations
- When used in conjunction with Stego Wrap Vapor Barriers and Retarders, it can replace the need for boots for pipe penetrations and the use of additional tape
Site Preparation Is Advised:
- A test application simulating the project environment should always be done prior to final usage of Stego Mastic.
- All surfaces should be dry and free of loose materials, oils and other contaminants.
- The surfaces should be cleaned in the same fashion as the test surface in order to ensure proper results.
- Store above 40°F and below 100°F.